Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hit Or Miss

Remember a few weeks back when I told you how I'm perpetually late when it comes to finding new music? Well, I found out tonight that I'm also oblivious to the world around me... and I'm really starting to miss out.

A few weeks ago, one of my favorite pop-punk groups, New Found Glory, rolled through Boston. Leave it to me, Mr. Last-Minute-Everything, to wait until 48 hours before the show to try and get tickets. Epic fail. Sold out. Sorry.

Thanks to my stubborn attitude I got to miss one of the coolest tours of the year. The 10 Year Anniversary of the Self-Titled Record Tour to be specific. NFG were playing their entire Self-Titled record from front to back, and dropping a few other songs in for good measure.

Oh, and let's not forget about all the merch goodies I was missing out on. Like the album cover inspired Rubik's Cube, a slew of cool t-shirts and the all-mighty limited edition screen printed poster. Seriously, I could have dropped a week's paycheck way easy - and it would have been worth it.

As some of you know, I'm out on the West Coast this week - kicking it just south of the beautiful city of Seattle. It's one of my favorites because it's loaded with a rich musical history and a pretty cool scene. Perfect place to see a show if anybody cool would come around during my stay.

So tonight I find myself creeping on the Twitter-machine when I come across NFG guitarist Chad Gilbert's page. And what does it say?


Yeah, that's right. I'm just a short drive on I-5 away from the same tour I missed in Boston. Like, OMG, WTF?

How do I always manage to do this to myself? I'm not one to believe in fate or destiny, but in order to keep sane, I've told myself that I wasn't meant to see this tour. Sure.. that works, right?

Anyway, I've come to learn an important lesson - I need an iPhone. I mean, seriously, people with iPhones have access to everything. I would have made both shows if I wasn't stuck with my current piece of garbage.

So you see, it's really not my fault that you could have been reading an awesome show review from my travels. We can just blame fate and my phone instead. Problem solved... it's really just a shame you wasted your time reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...